TagSHIELD is a weapons and armory management system that is designed and customized to fit the specific needs of organizations handling weapons.
- A secure, quick and efficient system for authenticating users and their assigned weapons
- A system that keeps track of all weapons and their users to guarantee accountability and responsibility at all times
- A single interface connected to all armory locations for quick reliable retrieval of weapon inventory and location information
TagSHIELD is also used as a critical asset management solution – not just a weapons’ management solution - that allows for accurate inventories and authenticated transfer of ownership. This solution facilitates rapid stock taking and unique identification of assets, current owner and recipient supported by an underlying authorization and authentication process.
TagSHIELD has numerous benefits in the field of Defense and Security. Below are some of the most important benefits:
- TagSHIELD provides clients in the Defense and Security field with the ability to automatically issue, track, and audit the usage of critical assets across geographically disperse sites
- TagSHIELD enables clients to more efficiently utilize critical assets by providing complete inventory and location information of assets through a single interface and controlling the usage of these assets through customizable business rules and approval processes
- TagSHIELD ensures accountability and responsibility in the case of misuse or malice by providing fully integrated, state-of-the art biometric identification technologies to authorize users
- TagSHIELD optimizes and speeds up business processes by automating manual tasks such as inventorying, returning assets, and checking out assets.
In order to offer security solutions that can be adapted to each individual organisation, TagSHIELD has built-in business intelligence capabilities and decision support tools so you can custom-design your security processes for peak operational efficiency. You get a dashboard view into your critical asset locations along with business insights to unlock the true potential ways to run your security management operations.
TagSHIELD’s wireless auto-identification technologies enable real-time and automated information about sensitive and controlled areas, access authorisation, and critical emergency alerts, all displayed in a user-friendly format for your management and operations teams.
Tagstone’s comprehensive security management system is broken down into four modules:
- Inventory Module
The TagSHIELD Inventory Module allows store managers to validate the system inventory information with a physical inventory to ensure proper usage of the system. Manual inventorying of a store with thousands of critical assets can take up to a full man day. With the TagSHIELD handheld this process takes minutes. The handheld can inventory the store either in offline or online mode, and automatically validates against the current system information. Non-conforming data is easily visualized and resolved.
- Approval Module
The TagSHIELD Approval Module enables the request-approval process. This module allows administrators to group users as approvals and create approval hierarchies. When a user requests an asset, the module ensures that the approval hierarchy is executed prior to allowing the issuance of the asset.
- Biometric Verification Module
The Biometric Verification Module can replace the default RFID verification module for increased security. Instead of relying on the presence of a transponder, which can easily be stolen or misplaced, to verify the identify of the user, the system scans biometric information in the form of fingerprints or iris images and matches them against a database of users. The Biometric Verification Module includes a flexible registration function for users to register with the system. The module can also be used in conjunction with transponder verification for dual factor authentication.
- Automated Weapon Cabinet
The Automated Weapon Cabinet is a unique feature of TagSHIELD. Weapon cabinets are secured weapon holders that allow access to rifles and handguns based on user authentication and approvals. The Automated Weapon Cabinet allows users to check out weapons without the presence of an armory manager simply by authenticating themselves with a biometric fingerprint or iris reader. For security reasons, transponders are not used for the verification process. Once a user has authenticated himself, the weapon cabinet releases a specific weapon for retrieval. This weapon can also be returned to the cabinet through the same authentication process.